Pictured L-R: Row one, Quincy Collings, Ava Willingham, Laney Wright; Row two, Berit Haldorsen, Andrew Coffey, Emma Davis
(MATTOON, Illinois – June 12, 2023) Southeastern Illinois Community Foundation is pleased to announce awardees for the newly-established Del Willison Scholarship. This scholarship is open for current seniors and graduates of Mattoon High School pursuing higher education.
The awardees are as follows:
- Quincy Collings is a 2020 graduate pursuing a degree at Millikin University to be a nurse practitioner.
- Andrew Coffey is a 2021 graduate pursuing a degree in visual and performing arts at Eastern Illinois University.
- Emma Davis is a 2023 graduate planning to attend Eastern Illinois University to pursue a degree in education.
- Berit Haldorsen is a 2023 graduate planning to attend Eastern Illinois University to pursue a business degree.
- Ava Willingham is a 2023 graduate planning to attend the College of Charleston to begin pre-med studies.
- Laney Wright is a 2023 graduate planning to attend Eastern Illinois University to pursue a business degree.
Delbert Willison was involved in the Mattoon School district from 1964 – 2019 in various ways and numerous associations. He taught high school, was an adjunct professor at EIU and assisted in writing and administering an alternative education program for certifying teachers. The Del Willison Scholarship honors his legacy in Mattoon, Illinois.
The Del Willison Scholarship, a Southeastern Illinois Community Foundation fund, provides financial assistance for Mattoon High School seniors pursuing higher education. Southeastern Illinois Community Foundation manages more than 200 funds for the immediate and long-term benefit of communities in southeastern Illinois. For more information, contact Alex Pleasant, President/CEO of Southeastern Illinois Community Foundation, at 217.342.4988 or email@example.com.