(EFFINGHAM, Illinois – November 4, 2022) Southeastern Illinois Community Foundation is pleased to announce the Siemer Milling Endowment for Youth Leadership Development has awarded eight grants totaling $44,790 to the following
- Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois received $5,000 to be used for Effingham County Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- The Study Shoppe received $10,540 for free afterschool programming for students for the 2022-23 school year.
- Immanuel Lutheran Church After School Care received $3,500 for the Immanuel Altamont After School Care Fund.
- Buckeye Friends School received $6,500 for their Let There Be Light project.
- New Hope Church received $5,000 for their Youth Internship Program.
- Mid-Illinois Big Brothers Big Sisters received $5,000 for Programming and Youth Education.
- FBLA (Eastern Area) Stewardson-Strasburg received $3,000 for the Future Business Leaders of America – Eastern Area Leadership Conference.
- Effingham Child Development Center received $5,000 for Building an Inclusive Center Today for a Better Community Tomorrow.
Pictured in the collage from L-R: Row One: Left Photo, Katie Siemer Summers, Siemer Milling Company Committee Chair; Loretta Graham, CEO Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois; Kristen Bertrand, Program Officer, SICF and Right Photo, Katie Siemer Summers, Nancy Marchewski and Tami Meinhart, Directors of The Study Shoppe, Kristen Bertrand
Row Two: Left Photo, Katie Siemer Summers, Vernon Spilker, Pastor/Director of Immanuel Lutheran Church Afterschool Care Program, Kristen Bertrand; Middle Photo, Katie Siemer Summers, Kristie Campbell, Director/Founder of Buckeye Friends School and Buckeye students, Kristen Bertrand; Right Photo, Katie Siemer Summers, Braden Kiser and Aaron Golden, Youth Pastor of New Hope Church, Kristen Bertrand
Row Three: Left Photo, Katie Siemer Summers, Stacey Rios, Executive Director BBBS of Mid-Illinois, Kristen Bertrand and Right Photo, Katie Siemer Summers, Emma Sayers, Future Business Leaders of America, Stewardson-Strasburg, Kristen Bertrand
The Siemer Milling Company Endowment for Youth Leadership Development, a fund of Southeastern Illinois Community Foundation, was established in 2006 to provide a permanent source of funding to programs in Effingham County that support young leaders’ development. Since its inception, the Siemer Milling Company Endowment has contributed more than $350,000 to nonprofit organizations serving Effingham County.
For more information, please contact Alex Pleasant, CEO/President, at 217-342-4988 or email@example.com.